July 19, 2009

I have a new love....CAMPING!

We got to Cades Cove Campground around lunch on Fri. to kick off our camping weekend! George & Georgette has had to put up w/ me & Jeff for 2 nights/3 days. I know their nerves are shot! We had a great time. We was constantly into something! I was on a mission to see a bear & I got to see 1 very far off,1 very CLOSE up & 1 up a tree! Deer was everywhere, even little spotted babies too! Lots & lots of turkeys! I probably fed 2 squirrels a box of Cheese-Nips, they are probably trying to find me as we speak! I am very proud to say I biked that dang 11 mile loop w/ George! We started at 5:57 a.m. it took 1hr 45 min., click here to read more about that! (note the word "grueling" in the 2nd paragraph!) The campgrounds was clean & neat. It was very quite & still at night,dark also! I loved cooking over a fire as much as George loves to build fires! We couldn't ordered any better weather, it was cool with a good little "nip" in the air! I can't wait to go back, maybe we'll float down the creek!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jill, You are a natural born camper and bear hunter. The Smokie Mountians is a good place to have a little fun and relax and
    look for wild life. It seems that you have some hunter instincts the way you tacked down that big bear. Yogi Bear will never take your picnic basket..if you have a gun....ha ha ha
    You rode the whole 11 miles around Cades Cove Loop Road without passing out "YEAH"
    George knew you could make it. The hills are bad but once you hit the top you can coast for a while doing 40 mph.
    George and I are glad ya'll came to camp with us, it was an experience you will never forget.
    Next is the 2 mile ride down the rapids in the Little River. The view and the water will take your breath away...for sure. ha ha ha
    You need to do this while the weather is still hot because the water is a little chilly.
    See you late BOO BOO!

    ReplyDelete